Ministry of Motherhood - M.O.M
Saint Joseph's, Somers Point & Our Lady of Sorrows, Linwood
Saint Katharine Drexel, Egg Harbor Township
Saint Vincent de Paul, Mays Landing
A Little About "M.O.M"
Ministry of Motherhood (M.O.M) started as a small group of mothers from both St. Joseph's and Our Lady of Sorrows, meeting monthly to pray together and share in fellowship. Recognizing our common need as mothers to properly care for ourselves and our families, we prayed the Holy Spirit would guide us in forming a local network of Catholic moms. After of few years, Ministry of Motherhood (M.O.M) officially began in the Spring of 2008. M.O.M. aims to provide all mothers (pregnant, new or experienced) with opportunities to grow in faith and friendship and to be consistently renewed in the love of Christ.
Areas of Involvement
* M.O.M.'s Prayer Group - A relaxing time of faith sharing, fellowship & reflection. (meets 2nd Thursday of every month)
* Mommy and Me Helping Hands - Together we join in reaching out to those in need, while nurturing the spiritual growth of our children
* Primary School Scholarship- Annually we offer a scholarship to aid a local family (or families) to help with tuition to St. Joseph's Regional School.
* Prayer Network - Joining together to pray for the special intentions of all "M.O.M." members and our parish communities.
* Meals for Moms - Providing a meal for a fellow mom in time of need (i.e. a surgery, new baby, etc.)
* Couples Events - Join couples together in both prayerful and social settings.
* Pennies for the Poor - M.O.M. joins in an effort with our parishes, schools, and community to raise to build a home for the poor in the Carribean
* Book and Dessert Club - Discuss faith based books for moms over homebaked desserts.
* M.O.M. Holy Hour - Time for quiet personal prayer, reflection and Eucharistic Adoration.